Monday, October 8, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 
This week I have added a new book to my favorite books list:

Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
Because of Mr. Terupt

I also read and enjoyed...

Capture the Flag by  Kate Messner
Capture the Flag

Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts
Those Shoes

Happy Like Soccer by Marbeth Boelts
Happy Like Soccer

Touch the Poem by Arnold Adoff

Touch the Poem


I am currently reading and really enjoying...

Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson
Hattie Big Sky

Next on deck...

Fractions = Trouble by Claudia Mills
 Fractions = Trouble!

5 comments:

  1. I have Capture the Flag waiting for me to read, too. Because of Mr. Terupt looks like a book with a cast of interesting characters. I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of Mr. Terupt certainly deserves favourite status! I read it this summer and then passed on to my daughter. Both of us enjoyed it so much. I am a big fan of the books by Boelts. They are so powerful as read alouds in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son really loved Capture the Flag, too.
    Because of Mr. Terupt is a Nutmeg Nominee this year but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate Messner visited our school last week! I am excited for the next two books in the Silver Jaguar series. Awesome settings.
    I just got the sequel to Hattie Big Sky from ... was it Netgalley or Edelweiss? Can't remember. Anyway. Should probably read the first one first, no? Lots of people seem to like it. ;]
    The sequel to Mr. Terupt comes out tomorrow. Curious about it. Checking out Goodreads it doesn't have quite the kudos the first one did. Will have to see! Can't always believe what you read about a book, have to read it for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see from Ms. O above that there's a sequel to Mr. Terupt-how wonderful! I too love that book! I think we must like similar books-I have read or have on my list to read all of your books. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete