Monday, June 24, 2013

Teachers Write!





Writers Notebooks

I started a writer's notebook when I was teaching fourth grade.  I firmly believe that teachers are better teachers of writing when they are writers themselves.  I've continued to write in my writer's notebook while being a stay at home mom.  I start my day writing in my notebook while everyone else is still sleeping.  I love the warm weather when I start my day writing on my front porch with my morning coffee.  Some days I write a few words while other days a few pages.  I fill it with observations, thoughts, lists, poems, sketches, and quotes.  My second notebook is almost filled up and I am looking forward to purchasing a third notebook.  I love decorating the covers.  My current notebook is decorated with positive quotes that inspire me.




No comments:

Post a Comment