Monday, January 14, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

 

This week I read and enjoyed...

See You At Harry's by Jo Knowles

See You at Harry's

The Junk Yard Wonders by Patricia Polacco

Junkyard Wonders

Cardboard by Doug Tennapel

Cardboard

How Children Succeed by Paul Tough

How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character

I am currently reading...

Every Soul a Star by Wendy Maas

Every Soul A Star

Next up...

Jeremy Benders vs. the Cupcake Cadets by Eric Luper

 Jeremy Bender vs. the Cupcake Cadets

4 comments:

  1. I thought that Jeremy Bender was SO funny. When my son was that age, he had shoulder length hair and a lot of people thought he was a girl. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left quite a lengthy comment earlier but I'm not sure if it got through or was eaten up by Blogger as per usual. Anyway, I was just saying that The Junkyard Wonders is my favorite Polacco picture book of all times, and that I hope to finally read See you at Harry's and Every Soul a Star this year. Have a great reading week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed Cardboard and Jeremy Bender. Junkyard Wars looks great. My daughter is a big Palacco fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myra's comment makes me want to go and check out Junkyard Wonders and how could you go wrong with the phrase "Cupcake Cadets"? Paul Tough's book also looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete