Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One little word - 2013

This is my first time selecting one little word for the year.  I have had a difficult time finding one word to focus on for 2013.  I made a list of words. I spent some time contemplating dream, story and joy.  This year, however, I feel like I need a verb to guide me into the new year.  There will be some changes during 2013.  My youngest daughter will start full day kindergarten in the fall and I hope to return to the career that I love - teaching.  Therefore, I chose the word...

 

My goals for 2013 are to...

embrace who I am
embrace my husband
embrace my three daughters
embrace my return to teaching
embrace hard work and perserverance
embrace networking and interviews
embrace new reading goals
embrace change
embrace a healthy lifestyle
embrace creativity
embrace my home
embrace self discipline
embrace my story
have the courage to embrace new possibilities
accept what the world gives me and smile instead of cry
see and embrace the goodness around me
embrace the everyday moments
embrace happiness
embrace a positive attitude
embrace my dreams
and, most importantly,
embrace my loved ones with more hugs and kisses

The following quotes have inspired me to choose the word embrace.

 



"The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. "
 Charles R Swindoll


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Talk about choosing a verb that will help you do so much! Great choice, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your OLW. Embrace, what a great word to live by.

    ReplyDelete